Do your children spend a lot of time on the computer and online? If you answered yes, now is the time to consider installing a safety app on your computer. And the correct software we’re talking about is the Microsoft Family Safety app, which is one of the best apps for protecting our loved ones, especially children, online. It works on a variety of platforms, including Windows PCs, Android phones, and iOS phones. With the app installed on the device, you’ll be able to keep track of what your children are watching or accessing via a weekly activity report. You can also set security and privacy filters on websites and browser searches.
However, some Windows 10 users have reported that the app is not working and that they are receiving the following message: “There is a temporary problem with the service.” Please try it again.” If you are one of the users who has been having problems with the Family Safety app, you have come to the right site. Today, in this article, we’ll go over all of the necessary steps to get you back to utilizing the Family Safety app smoothly. Look down below for further information.
WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF THE FAMILY SAFETY APP?
- Users of the Family Safety application can create a second account or a child’s account. On their computer, the host user can access and get data about the additional account’s activities. It also allows the host to establish further restrictions to guarantee the entire family’s digital safety.
WHAT ACTIVITIES YOU CAN MANAGE USING THE APP?
- You can block an account with Family Safety.
- Receive and collect activity reports.
- Block and monitor the websites that your youngster views while using the computer.
- Examine the apps and games that your youngster has access to.
- Control how and when they use the device.
HOW TO FIX FAMILY SAFETY APP FEATURE NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 10 PC
- If your Microsoft Family Safety app is not working or has failed to work on your Windows 10 pc due to a bug or fault, there are several solutions to fix and overcome the problem. Check out each solution below and follow them to troubleshoot and then fix the problem so you can reclaim online privacy and safety for your family.
Solution #1: Restart your computer.
- A brief restart will assist refresh your Windows system’s connections and operations.
- Restart your device after exiting the app.
- If it doesn’t work, you could try rebooting your network devices.
- It requires you to unplug your router and modem for at least 1 minute before restarting your device.
Solution #2: Check your Microsoft Family Account information.
- Go to https://aka.ms/familyverify on your Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or other browsers.
- Look for the message, “Verify your account to continue using Microsoft family features.”
- Then press the Verify button.
- You can now use your Family Safety app to verify the account you’re using.
Solution #3: Verify your child’s Microsoft Family account.
- Open the Options menu.
- Go to the Accounts tab.
- Choose an account.
- Check to see if your child’s account is active and syncing.
Solution #4: Install any available Windows updates on your computer.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Update & Security should be selected.
- Then select Windows Update.
- Select Check for Updates.
- Install any available updates.
Solution #5: Set the Privacy Settings Control Level
- Go to the Settings option.
- Choose Privacy.
- Go to Diagnostics and Feedback.
- The control level can now be changed to Optional diagnostic data.
Solution #6: Turn off the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- Update & Security should be selected.
- Then select Windows Security.
- Look for network and firewall protection.
- Select a network profile.
- Toggle the Microsoft Defender Firewall to Off.
ABOUT MICROSOFT SAFETY APP:
- The Microsoft Family Safety app, which is bundled with the Windows 10 operating system, was released in 2020 on the App Store (iOS) and Google Play. It’s a free built-in security tool that you may use to protect your loved ones’ online privacy.
Conclusion: We hope you find all of the information presented here to be useful and relevant. If you have any questions or comments after reading this article, please leave a comment in the space below.