Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming apps, with millions of playlist songs available for subscribers to listen to. This will never be a boring music service because it is constantly expanding its offerings to provide fantastic and updated songs to its rising number of subscribers throughout the world.
Despite its growing popularity, some Spotify premium subscribers have chosen to discontinue their subscription. And whatever the reason, this article includes a step-by-step guide on how to cancel subscriptions and delete an account.
USERS HAVE TO DISCONTINUE THEIR SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS.
- Some consumers are canceling their Spotify subscription for a variety of reasons. Regardless of the cause, canceling Spotify Premium is a simple process. But first, here are a few of the reasons:
- Users have moved on to another service or no longer use it in proper proportions to justify the cost.
- They want to save money on monthly memberships and don’t listen to a lot of music, so they think temporarily canceling Spotify Premium is a good idea.
- It could be due to financial difficulties or a desire to explore alternative possibilities for similar services.
BEFORE YOU CANCEL, THERE ARE A FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW.
If you have a Spotify Premium subscription, you’ll need to cancel it before deleting your account. Any playlists you’ve downloaded for offline listening will be deleted as of a result; you don’t own that music, and you’ll lose any locally saved playlists as soon as your membership ends.
If you cancel your Spotify Premium subscription but keep using Spotify Free, you’ll still be able to listen to those playlists and they’ll be saved in your listening history. If you delete Spotify completely, you’ll lose access to all of your playlists, both online and offline.
HOW TO CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION
- Depending on how you joined up for Spotify, you’ll have to cancel your subscription differently. While the majority of customers will be able to cancel directly through Spotify’s website, others may be able to cancel through their iOS settings or their mobile provider. And if you need some assistance, we have a step-by-step guide:
Via Web Browser:
- On your iPhone device, open any online browser.
- Go to spotify.com to listen to music.
- Access your account information by logging in.
- Look for the Your Plan section on the home screen.
- Change the plan by tapping on it.
- Look for the “Free” area of Spotify.
- Select Cancel Premium from the drop-down menu.
- A message of confirmation will display.
- Tap the Yes button to Cancel
Via Apple ID:
- Your Apple ID settings can also be used to terminate your Spotify Premium subscription.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to the Apple Store and iTunes.
- Find Apple ID and enter your password there.
- To open Subscriptions, look for it and tap it.
- Select your subscription plan from the drop-down menu.
- Select Turn Off Automatic Renewal from the drop-down menu.
Via Android device:
- If you have an Android phone, you can cancel your Spotify account by going to any web browser on your phone.
- Launch a web browser.
- Go to spotify.com to listen to music.
- Please enter your username and password to access your account.
- Tap the My Account button in the top right corner of the home screen.
- Look at the section under “Your Plan.”
- Change Plan should be chosen.
- Go to Spotify’s free version.
- Cancel Premium by pressing the Cancel button.
- A message of confirmation will display. Tap Yes, Cancel.
Cancel Spotify through your carrier:
- If none of the following alternatives allow you to cancel, your Spotify subscription may have started with your cellphone provider (or is already a free account):
- Log in to your carrier’s website.
- Keep an eye out for add-ons and streaming services.
- You can choose to unsubscribe from Spotify.
- If you’re having difficulties canceling, contact your carrier.
How to delete your Spotify account
- You can also delete your Spotify account if you don’t want Spotify Free. To completely remove your Spotify account, follow these simple steps:
- Visit Spotify’s help page.
- Select ‘Account’
- Select ‘I want to close my account’
Conclusion: Read this article to learn how to cancel Spotify subscriptions on iPhone and more, whether you’ve been considering it for a while or just recently made the decision. And only download the apps that you believe are the best fit for your needs and budget.